Thursday 1 August 2013

LIQUIDATION PROCEDURE - (Voluntary Liquidation) (Under Bahrain Commercial Law)

A company incorporated under the laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain shall be liquidated in accordance to the provisions of the Companies Commercial Law 21 of 2001 (the “Law”).

A company shall be dissolved / wound up for reasons stated under the Law thereafter the company shall be deemed to be in liquidation. Where the dissolution is voluntary, the liquidation of the company shall be in accordance to the liquidation procedure provided in the company’s memorandum of association; in absence of any such provisions the guidelines laid down in Law shall be followed.

During liquidation the company shall maintain its corporate entity to the extent required by the liquidation activities, however the phrase “under liquidation” shall be added to the name of the company till the completion of the liquidation procedure and the powers of the company shall thereafter vest with the appointed liquidator. Liquidation of the company shall require:

1. A resolution by an Extra-ordinary General Meeting approving the liquidation of the company. The resolution shall state:

(a) The reason for liquidation.

(b) The unanimous decision of all the members to liquidate the company.

 (c) The appointment of one or more liquidators (by simple majority), who can be director or a non-director of the company. Where there is more than one liquidator, the acts of the liquidators shall not be valid unless taken through a unanimous decision.
(d) The remuneration of the liquidator.

(e) The term of the liquidation process, within which the liquidation procedure shall be completed. This term may be extended upon submission of a report by the liquidator to the company’s management and the company through a resolution agrees to extend the same.

2. This resolution needs to be registered at the Company Registry, who shall thereon publish the same in a local newspaper. The Liquidator shall be responsible for following up with the Company Registry for the entry procedure. The appointment (or dismissal and reappointment) of the liquidator or the liquidation procedure shall not be effective against third parties unless published in a local newspaper.

3. Upon appointment the liquidator shall carry out an inventory of the assets and liabilities of the company, in agreement with the company’s directors. A detailed inventory and the balance sheet shall be prepared and signed by the liquidator, managers and the board of directors of the company.

4. The board of directors shall thereon submit the accounts of the company to the liquidator and shall also handover the books, properties and other documents of the company. The liquidator being the agent of the company shall be responsible for acting to safeguard the interest of the company.

5. The Liquidator will maintain a separate register to record the liquidation acts. Particularly the liquidator shall be responsible for:

(a) Representing the company against all third parties.

(b) Selling the companies movable and immovable properties (if required), but not without the prior consent of the company directors or the ordinary general assembly.
(c) Paying company’s dues and debts.

(d) The liquidator shall not initiate any new activities unless the same is necessary for completion of the previous activities.

6. All amounts received by the liquidator shall be deposited in the company’s accounts.

7. The liquidator shall notify (though registered latter or daily newspaper publication) all the creditors of the company of the commencement of the liquidation procedure and invite them to submit their claims.

8. Without prejudice to the rights of the privileged creditors the liquidator shall start paying company’s debts. Debts arising from the liquidation process shall have priority in payment from the company’s funds over the other debts.

9. The liquidator shall provide a liquidation report to the company’s management in every six months. The directors of the company reserve the right to initiate court proceedings against the liquidator for his malafide acts or where the liquidator fails to provide explanation.

10. The liquidator shall enter the completion of the liquidation in the Commercial Registry, who shall thereon publish it in the local newspaper so as to be effective against all third parties.

11. On completion of the liquidation process the liquidator shall apply for striking of the company’s name from the Commercial Registry.

12. The company’s books and register shall be maintained for a period of 10 years from the date of striking off the name of the company from the Commercial Registry.

 

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I would like to ask if even you are working seven months in the Company. Are u entitle to get indemnity? If the Company termininated you and no evaluation happened. Just because your boss has different motives. But its find i just want to get what they have to pay me. I hope i can get the best answer. Thank yoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I would like to ask if even you are working seven months in the Company. Are u entitle to get indemnity? If the Company termininated you and no evaluation happened. Just because your boss has different motives. But its find i just want to get what they have to pay me. I hope i can get the best answer. Thank yoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Testimony of financial breakthrough from GOD through the help of Funding Circle Loan INC. (fundingcapitalplc@gmail.com OR Call/Text +14067326622)...

    Hi I'am Evelyn Russell resident at 808 NE 19th St Oklahoma City, I am a single mother blessed with 2 daughters. For a while now I have been searching for a genuine loan lender who could help me with a loan as I no longer have a job, all I got were hoodlums who made me trust them and at the end they took my money without giving me any loan, my hope was lost, I got confused and frustrated, it became difficult for my family to feed with a good meal, I never wanted to have anything to do with any loan lending companies on the internet again. Not until I met a Godsent loan lender that changed my life and that of my family Through the help of a fellowship member "a lender with the fear of God in him Mr JASON RAYMOND, he was the man God sent to elevate my family from suffering. At first I thought it wasn’t going to be possible due to my previous experience until I received my loan worth $135,000.00 USD in less then 24hours. So my advise to anyone out there genuinely in need of a loan is to contact Funding Circle Loan INC through this official email:- fundingcapitalplc@gmail.com OR Call/Text +14067326622 and be financial lifted.


    ReplyDelete
  4. ALL THANKS TO UPSTART LOAN AM NOW FINANCIALLY STABLE . upstartloan@yahoo.com
    I am Michelle Huxford from Casper, Wyoming. I was in a very chronic financial issue and terminal health situation some few weeks back. After all my search for assistance from friends and neighbors proved abortive, I feel there was no one who truly cares. I became so emaciated due to lack of good food and my 2 kids age 5 and 8 were not also good looking due to lack of proper care as a result of finance. One faithful morning I saw an old time friend of my late husband and I told him all I have been going through and he said the only way he could help was to direct me to a good loan agency that also helped him, He explained to me on how he was financially down and how he got boosted by this loan agency UPSTART LOAN INC ( upstartloan@yahoo.com ) who grant him 245,000 USD loan at an affordable rate. He further assured me that they were the only legit loan firm he found in the quest of seeking for loan after been scammed by various fake loan lenders online. He gave me their email: upstartloan@yahoo.com or text/call (574) 301-1639, That was how i applied and was also granted a loan and my life changed for the good. CONTACT THE ONLY GENUINE LENDERS( UPSTART LOAN INC) VIA email: upstartloan@yahoo.com or call +1 (574) 301-1639 to resolve your financial mess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, thanks for sharing this article. I am really interested in your blog.
    Liquidators in Dubai
    Company Liquidation Process in UAE

    ReplyDelete